Some Frequently Asked Questions
Is therapy confidential?
- Absolutely. I work strictly confidential, which also involves notes keeping etc. There are some legal and professional requirement, which I am obliged to maintain.
- In order to ensure a good professional practice, I see regularly a supervisor, who monitors my work with clients, who also ensures confidentiality.
- I adhere to the Code of Ethics and Practice of the UKCP; these and the Complaints Procedure, will be made available upon request.
What type of therapy do you offer?
- I work integratively, which incorporates different approaches to therapy. The integrative approach acknowledges that different types of therapy have value depending on the needs. However, overall I work form a relational stance.
- If you have any further questions or particular wishes, I am happy to discuss these.
How much does a session cost?
- My current fees are between £50 and £60 per session (depending on financial circumstances of the client), which lasts for 50 minutes.
- There are some further concessionary rates available. Further details on request.
I have never had any therapy, so I do not know what to do?
- If you are unsure about having counselling or you have any more questions, please contact me for an informal chat without any obligations.
Where are you based, and how do you manage Covid?
- As I stated on my home page; My Counselling and Psychotherapy practice is based in Strelley, Nottingham, it is within easy reach of Nottingham city center by bus or by car. If you travel from outside of Nottingham, my practice is close to the M1's junction 26 and the A610; therefore is in easy reach of Ilkeston, Mansfield, Leicester, Derby and Derbyshire.
However, currently due to Covid I am generally working on the phone or via video chats with exceptions when needed. If a face to face appointment is agreed, I would ask you to ensure that you or someone close to you has not had any symptoms or, of course, confirmed Covid in the last two weeks. Additionally I would be grateful if you could wear a face mask and use a sanitizer before entering my property.